We are proud to be one of the best-delivering Local Enterprise Partnerships in the country; We’ve achieved great success since our formation in 2011.
- We boast the most advanced Enterprise Zone in the country, attracting hi-tech engineering companies including Ashok Leyland, Haldex and Bosch and creating over 250 jobs
- Investing our Growing Places Fund wisely, we have unlocked the development of thousands of new homes and employment land and secured the relocation of Formula E (electric motorcar racing) to new international headquarters at Donington Park.
- We secured £126.17m through the Local Growth Deal to drive growth and leverage investment to provide new homes and space for businesses, provide high quality skills and training facilities and deliver key transport improvements
- We have delivered a phenomenally successful £21m Regional Growth Fund programme, giving out grants to nearly 200 businesses, enabling them to create or safeguard over 2,800 jobs and invest over £106m back into the local economy
- Similarly we worked hard to secure £16m City Deal funding to create nearly 1500 jobs, unlock over £130 million of investment, create our flagship business growth hub: the LLEP Business Gateway and the Leicester & Leicestershire to Work Programme.