The Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to escalate as a global issue.
While the main priority is clearly the well-being of individuals affected by the virus, there is nevertheless a growing impact on business.
Some of the ways businesses are being – or have the potential to be – affected include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation of social distancing measures to reduce social interaction between people in order to reduce transmission
- Interruptions to the transportation of goods due to shutdowns
- Decreased consumer demand in the UK and countries most affected by coronavirus
- Tourism impact due to fewer people travelling both around, in and out of the UK
- Potential supply chain impact when importing/exporting
Businesses of all sizes – whether they are currently trading internationally or not – will also need to plan ahead to mitigate possible disruption.
If you have further questions please contact the Business Gateway on 0116 366 8487 or complete an enquiry form.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org