In our SEP, we outlined that we would create three thematic boards focusing on People, Business and Place, to support the LLEP Executive. The Chair of each Board is drawn from either the LLEP Board or Executive.
Our Place Board was established in Autumn 2014. It supersedes the former HPIG (Housing Infrastructure and Planning Group) which co-ordinated commissions around strategic housing market assessments, employment land surveys; assessments of key infrastructure requirements; resilience matters with utility providers and large scale infrastructure requirements.
The Place Board has a wider remit, incorporating all aspects of infrastructure development.
- Chair – Christine Fisher (LLEP Executive Member)
- LLEP Support officer – Andy Rose
- Andrew Smith – Leicester City Council
- Anne Court – Oadby & Wigston Borough Council
- Bill Cullen – Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council
- Lynn Aisbett – Melton Borough Council
- Eileen Mallon – Charnwood Borough Council
- David Warburton – HCA
- Mark Alflat – Blaby -District Council
- Norman Proudfoot – Harborough District Council
- Phil Crossland – Leicestershire County Council
- Steve Bambrick – North West Leicestershire District Council
- Tom Purnell – Leicestershire County Council
Meetings of the Place Board have previously taken place bi-monthly however from January 2016 they will take place quarterly. Any additional meetings will be arranged as required and specialist meetings will be set up separately.
The dates of forthcoming Place Board meetings:
6th April 2017
13th July 2017
12th October 2017
Minutes and agreed actions are recorded and circulated to members within one week following the meeting.