What is an Enterprise Adviser?
Enterprise Advisers (EAs) are volunteers drawn from the business community. They are high calibre volunteers who are passionate about connecting young people to the world of work by using their expertise in business to shape future enterprise education.
They will work directly with the leadership of individual schools and colleges to develop effective employer engagement programmes. Enterprise Advisers need to be able to commit one day per month for a minimum period of a year.
Benefits for Enterprise Advisers include:
- The chance to support the development of your future workforce
- Easier access to schools and colleges to raise awareness of your industry
- The opportunity to enhance local business and education links, and invest in your local community
- The Enterprise Adviser network provides a forum for employers to discuss and work together to resolve local skills issues.
- Great opportunities to develop your own employees who get involved
There are lots of opportunities for you or your employees to get involved either as volunteer Enterprise Advisers or supporting other activities.
Why get involved?
- Have your say- Help shape and develop enterprise curriculum, work within the network to help resolve skills issues.
- Raise your profile- Great PR for your company and an opportunity to meet your corporate responsibility.
- Improve your networks- Network with business-minded peers, share best practice, and keep up to date with the direction of education.
- Access future talent- Raise awareness of your industry, help create a talent pipeline.
- Efficiency- A great way to access a cluster of schools through regular network meetings.
- Impact- Working on a 1-2-1 basis allows you to maximise your impact, our Enterprise Coordinator with help you measure this.
Become an Enterprise Adviser
If you’re interested in becoming an Enterprise Adviser, please email email@example.com
You can download our Enterprise Adviser document below: