The Careers and Enterprise Company launched a £5 million Careers and Enterprise Fund to support activities that directly result in more and higher quality careers, enterprise and employer engagement activity, targeting geographic areas of need in October 2015. On March 22nd 2016 the successful beneficiaries were announced, including 5 programmes to support young people and schools in the LLEP area. The programmes are now live and referrals can be made.
- The EDT (Engineering Development Trust): Extending the Industrial Cadets programme; a flexible programme to give 11-19 year olds works experience, and also to gain accreditation. www.industrialcadets.org.uk, contact Christina Bond to find out more: email@example.com , or call 07787 423 961.
- TwentyTwenty: 26 week courses designed to help hard to reach 15-18 year-old NEETs develop work skills. Contact Matt.firstname.lastname@example.org , or call 01509 618397.
- Find a Future: Raising awareness of apprenticeships and skills activities. Free skills competition DIY toolkit for schools, this will be available from Autumn 2016.
- Bridge to Work, Loughborough College: Expanding the area programme into North West Leicestershire (£100,000 funding allocated). Variety of job coaching, ‘have a go’, mock interview, employer visits and other activities to help young people with employability. Contact Emma Pattison: email@example.com or call 01509 618397, www.loucoll.ac.uk/bridge2work
- Founders4Schools: Free employer database support for teachers. www.founders4schools.org.uk/search