In our SEP, we outlined that we would create three thematic boards focusing on People, Business and Place, to support the LLEP Executive. The Chair of each Board is drawn from either the LLEP Board or Executive.
The People Board supersedes the former Employment and Skills Board. The People Board is responsible for:
- Overseeing the development and review of the People Chapter of the Strategic Economic Plan (SEP) and leading the strategy and direction for skills development and employment support
- Overseeing and co-ordinating the delivery of key projects and programmes
- Providing delivery assurance to the Executive of the delivery of projects and programmes
- Making recommendations to and advising the LLEP Executive and Board about future investment opportunities
- Directing and managing individual project boards and teams
- Managing risks and issues, escalating to the Executive where appropriate
- Engaging stakeholders in the development and review of the SEP and delivery of programmes
Who’s on the People Board
- Marion Plant – LLEP Board member – Chair
- Mike Durban – LLEP Head of Strategy
- Fiona Baker – LLEP Economic Strategy Lead-People
- Anna Cyhan – LLEP People support (minutes)
- Jane Toman – Blaby District Council (districts representative)
- Diane Beresford – East Midlands Chamber
- Kevin Allen-Khimani/James Smalley – VAL (voluntary and community groups lead)
- Helen Smith – Loughborough University (HE lead)
- Melanie Phythian – BEIS
- Pete Chandler/Joanne Ives – Leicester City Council
- Matthew Davies – Futures (National Careers Service representative)
- Gareth Thomas – Institute of Directors
- Graham Sheppard – Job Centre Plus
- Caroline Boucher – Leicestershire County Council
- Verity Hancock – Leicester College (FE lead)
- Steve Piggott– Fullhurst Community College (schools representative)
- TBC– LLEP Executive Board
- TBC– Education and Skills Funding Agency
Meetings and minutes
Meetings of the People Board will take place quarterly in 2018. Any additional meetings will be arranged as required.
To date, in 2018, there have been two Joint Theme Board meetings on Feb 9 and May 1.
The dates of forthcoming People Board meetings:
- July 17, 1-3pm
- Oct 16, 1-3pm
Minutes and agreed actions are recorded and circulated to members within two weeks following the meeting.
An outline of how local skills and employment Groups link into the People Board is in the download below.