In our SEP, we outlined that we would create three thematic boards focusing on People, Business and Place, to support the LLEP Executive. The Chair of each Board is drawn from either the LLEP Board or Executive. The LLEP has a new Local Industrial Strategy Prospectus and is now developing a full Local Industrial Strategy; the People Board will support with the skills and other aspects of this.
The People Board supersedes the former Employment and Skills Board. The People Board is responsible for:
- Overseeing the development of the skills aspects of the Local Industrial Strategy (LIS) and leading the strategy and direction for skills development and employment support
- Overseeing and co-ordinating the delivery of key projects and programmes
- Providing delivery assurance to the Executive of the delivery of projects and programmes
- Making recommendations to and advising the LLEP Executive and Board about future investment opportunities
- Directing and managing individual project boards and teams
- Managing risks and issues, escalating to the Executive where appropriate
- Engaging stakeholders in the development and review of the LIS and delivery of programmes
Who’s on the People Board
- Verity Hancock – LLEP Board member – Chair
- Mike Durban – LLEP Head of Strategy
- Fiona Baker – LLEP Economic Strategy Lead for People
- Anna Cyhan – LLEP People Officer (minutes)
- Jane Toman – Blaby District Council (districts representative)
- Diane Beresford – East Midlands Chamber
- Anna Barrow – VAL (voluntary and community groups lead)
- Helen Smith – Loughborough University (HE lead)
- Pete Chandler/Joanne Ives – Leicester City Council
- Matthew Davies – Futures (National Careers Service representative)
- Gareth Thomas – Institute of Directors
- Graham Sheppard – Job Centre Plus
- Caroline Boucher – Leicestershire County Council
- James Bagley – Gateway College (FE lead)
- Steve Piggott– Fullhurst Community College (schools representative)
- TBC– LLEP Executive Board
- TBC– BEIS
- TBC– Education and Skills Funding Agency
Meetings and minutes
Meetings of the People Board took place quarterly in 2018. Any additional meetings are arranged as required.
The dates of forthcoming 2019 People Board meetings will be arranged shortly. Minutes and agreed actions are recorded and circulated to members within two weeks following the meeting.
An outline of how local skills and employment Groups link into the People Board is in the download below.