The LLEP area is home to around 33,100 VAT and PAYE registered businesses (8,600 based in Leicester and 24,500 in Leicestershire). The majority of these businesses (94%) employ less than 20 people and most businesses have a turnover below £250k.
Our local businesses reported that they are confused about how to access the support that they need to grow and they believe the business support is fragmented and inconsistent in quality. So we have worked closely with Business Council members and representatives of the wider business community to identify ways to transform the provision of business support in the local area.
In 2014, we launched a business growth hub support service called the LLEP Business Gateway.
All information, advice and business support is now handled through the LLEP Business Gateway. It acts as a signposting service across a wide range of topics including:
- Business start-up training and mentoring
- Business growth and expansion plans, recruitment and investing
- Access to finance, including local and national grants and loans programmes
- Premises and search for new commercial property
- Employment and skills
- Regulation and compliance
Visit the LLEP Business Gateway site for more information