In our SEP, we outlined that we would create three thematic boards focusing on People, Business and Place, to support the LLEP Executive. The Chair of each Board is drawn from either the LLEP Board or Executive.
Our Place Board was established in Autumn 2014. It supersedes the former HPIG (Housing Infrastructure and Planning Group) which co-ordinated commissions around strategic housing market assessments, employment land surveys; assessments of key infrastructure requirements; resilience matters with utility providers and large scale infrastructure requirements.
The Place Board has a wider remit, incorporating all aspects of infrastructure development.
- Beverley Smith – Chair – North West Leicestershire District Council
- Andrew Smith – Leicester City Council
- Andy Rose – LLEP
- Ann Carruthers – Leicestershire County Council
- Anne Court – Oadby & Wigston Borough Council
- Bill Cullen – Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council
- John Richardson – Blaby District Council
- David Warburton – Homes and Communities Agency
- Edd de Coverley – Melton Borough Council
- Eileen Mallon – Charnwood Borough Council
- James Arnold – North West Leicestershire District Council
- Fiona Baker – LLEP
- Norman Proudfoot – Harborough District Council
- Tom Purnell – Leicestershire County Council
Meetings of the Place Board have previously taken place bi-monthly however from January 2016 they will take place quarterly. Any additional meetings will be arranged as required and specialist meetings will be set up separately.
The dates of forthcoming Place Board meetings:
9th February 2018
19th April 2018
19th July 2018
18th October 2018
Minutes and agreed actions are recorded and circulated to members within one week following the meeting.