The role of the LLEP Board members is:
- To make collective decisions to deliver the LLEP’s objectives and the outcomes set out in the SEP
- To act as ambassadors for Leicester and Leicestershire at local, national and international levels
- To engage and represent their specific sector or corporate organisation on the LLEP and to ensure views represent those of the wider sector or corporate or organisation
- To communicate and promote the objectives of the LLEP within their sector, ensuring the clear understanding of the need for collaboration
Board Members play a key role in helping the LLEP to shape the local economy by influencing local and national government, as well as providing effective governance to the partnership. They shape and deliver the Midlands Engine Strategy and the government’s Industrial Strategy and act as ambassadors for Leicester & Leicestershire at a local, regional and national level.
Board Members make key investment decisions and oversee the LLEP’s spending. They are responsible for making sure that the partnership’s investment delivers value for money and achieves maximum economic impact.
Being a LLEP Board Member is not a paid position and the commitment can be up to two days per month. The Board term lasts for a period of three years.
The National Local Growth Assurance Framework requires LEP’s to meet minimum diversity requirements. Our LLEP Board must be made up of a minimum 1/3rd female representation. We have six female members of our 18 strong board and meet the requirements set.
- Kevin Harris, Partner, RSM UK
- Andy Reed OBE, Director, SajeImpact
- Karen Smart, Managing Director, East Midlands Airport
- Emma Anderson, Director, Freeths
- Anne-Marie Hunt, Director of Commercial Banking, Natwest
- Rani Mahal, Director, RM Kingsley
- Sonia Baigent, Director, Assist Business Consulting Limited
- Chas Bishop, Chief Executive, The National Space Centre
- Neil McGhee, Director, Sempervox
- Dr Nik Kotecha OBE, CEO, Morningside Pharmaceuticals
- Jaspal Singh Minhas, Managing Director, Electrical Design & MFG Co Ltd – SME Representative
- Anil Majithia, Chair, Voluntary Action LeicesterShire – Voluntary Sector Representative
- Prof Robert J. Allison, Vice-Chancellor and President, Loughborough University – Higher Education Representative
- Verity Hancock, Principal and CEO, Leicester College – Further Education Representative
- Nick Rushton CC, Leader, Leicestershire County Council – Leicestershire County Council Representative
- Sir Peter Soulsby, City Mayor, Leicester City Council – Leicester City Council Representative
- Cllr Terry Richardson, Leader, Blaby District Council – Leicestershire District Councils Representative
- Cllr Jonathan Morgan, Leader, Charnwood Borough Council – Leicestershire District Councils Representative
Read more about our Board members.
For more information please contact Jason Tyler, Democratic Support Officer at Leicester City Council (the Accountable Body) on 0116 454 6359.