This information is to assist with the completion of the Open Call – Expression of Interest. Projects will be assessed by the LLEP for strategic fit and relevance to funding streams as they become available. Submission of an Expression of Interest is not a guarantee of funding.
All sections marked with an asterisk on the form must be completed.
This is for the contact details of the organisation responsible for the projects and a named individual who will lead the project on their behalf.
Project Name: Name the project will be formally known by.
Category fit: Select all categories which would accurately describe your project.
Transformational Priority fit: Select all priorities which would accurately describe your project. Definitions of the priorities can be found in our Strategic Economic Plan. The LLEP has identified four transformational priorities which will provide Leicester & Leicestershire and the UK with a global competitive advantage whilst creating over 19,000 of our 45,000 planned new jobs by 2020. The transformational priorities are:
- MIRA Technology Park Enterprise Zone – MIRA Technology Park is the LLEP’s Enterprise Zone and will provide 1.75 million sq. ft. high quality R&D space on an 80 hectare estate, making it the largest transport sector R&D technology park in Europe. It will create over 2,000 direct high value jobs and over 3,000 indirect jobs.
- East Midlands Gateway Strategic Rail Freight Interchange – a unique 250 acre distribution and logistics development alongside East Midlands Airport and the M1 with a rail terminal providing up to 6 million sq. ft. of large scale warehousing to establish the UK’s largest multi modal hub creating over 7,000 new jobs.
- Loughborough University Science & Enterprise Parks – an exceptional opportunity to develop an internationally significant centre for knowledge based employment. The Park is already one of the largest developments of its kind and will provide as many as 4,000 additional jobs and lever private investment of up to £200m.
- Leicester Waterside – provides a major development and growth opportunity for Leicester focussed on the Waterside and Abbey Meadows regeneration areas and the city centre. This ‘Strategic Regeneration Area’ provides the potential ‘Launchpad’ to deliver substantial housing, commercial and leisure/cultural developments on a cluster of development sites to create 6,000 jobs.
Priority Growth Area fit: Select all Growth Areas which would accurately describe your project. Definitions of the areas can be found in our Strategic Economic Plan. We have prioritised seven Growth Areas in Leicester and Leicestershire which offer the greatest opportunities for economic growth. These Growth Areas are:
- Leicester Urban Area
- East Midlands Enterprise Gateway
- South West Leicestershire
- Coalville Corridor
- Market Towns
- Rural Leicestershire
Priority Sector fit: Select all Priority Sectors which would accurately describe your project. Details of our sectors can be found in our Sector Growth Plans. We have identified 8 key sectors in the Leicester and Leicestershire area, which will support delivery of the aims and objectives outlined within our Strategic Economic Plan and ESIF strategies. These priority sectors are:
- Logistics & Distribution
- Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering
- Textiles Manufacturing
- Food & Drink Manufacturing
- Creative Industries
- Professional & Financial Services
- Low Carbon
- Tourism & Hospitality
Project description: Please ensure that the response is comprehensive but complies with the stated maximum number of words.
Points to consider –
Why do you need this intervention and what will it achieve? Why is public sector intervention required and why is the market not meeting the need or exploiting an opportunity?
What are its benefits in economic value? What will this proposal additionally generate in terms of monetary value for the area?
What are its outcomes/outputs? For instance an improvement to a road will improve travel times meaning people can get to work and goods moved quicker which has an economic benefit and value, or the output of increasing the numbers of young people securing qualifications which will improve their chances of securing employment.
What would have happened in the absence of intervention? What are the key issues the intervention seeks to address and if nothing happens what will be the specific and wider economic impacts?
Project Dates: State the expected start and end dates of the project.
Project Cost: State the breakdown of the total expected project costs. Please state amounts in full, with numerical figures only, and enter at least two zeros in any boxes not required.
Funding: State the breakdown of the funding sought. Please state amounts in full, with numerical figures only, and enter at least two zeros in any boxes not required.
You can find guidance notes on how to complete a LLEP business case below.