LocationLeicester City Council - City Hall
115 Charles Street
115 Charles Street, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 1FZ
Organised in partnership between Police and Crime Commissioner for Leicestershire, Leicester Employment Hub, Leicestershire Cares and The Department for Work and Pensions, this event is aimed to provide information and support to businesses regarding the employment of ex-offenders.
As well as refreshments and breakfast rolls there will be will be guest speakers including:
- Lord Willy Bach, Leicestershire Police & Crime Commissioner
- Dennis Sayer, Leicestershire Cares, Wire Project
- Brendan Russell, HR Manager, Walker & Son
- David Pochin, Managing Director, Pochin
As part of the day you will also:
- Be able to speak to representatives from Leicester Employment Hub and Leicestershire Care who can support your business to recruit ex-offenders.
- Receive information about how your business can access up to £2,500 in grant funding to employ an ex-offender from Leicester Employment Hub.
- Get HR guidance from Leicester City Council and information on the ‘Ban the Box’ initiative.
- Be given the opportunity to pledge your support to explore further opportunities for employing ex-offenders.
- Hear case studies from ex-offenders who have been employed through Leicestershire Cares Wire Project.
- Receive information from organisations who currently employ ex-offenders and the benefits they have experienced through the process.
Following the event there will be opportunities for marketing with local media outlets. We are also working as a partnership to develop an online directorate for organisations who support the employment of ex-offenders, where your business will be advertised.
In order to help with the organisation of the venue and refreshments please confirm your attendance to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 21st January 2019.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com