18 Oct 2019 10:30:00 +0000[[[EVENTEND]]][[[LOCATIONNAME]]]Hilton East Midlands Airport[[[LOCATIONNAME]]][[[LOCATIONADDR]]]24 Derby Road
What can you do to protect your EU workforce in light of Brexit and what are the wider implications for managing your workforce? This free seminar will explore these questions and provide information to support you and your business.
East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottingham, Leicestershire) recognises the need to continue to provide information and support to businesses of all shapes and sizes as we continue to go through this period of unprecedented economic and political change. With this in mind, the Chamber has arranged a new series of events, designed to assist business in preparing for Brexit.
This workshop is one of a series that is being organised and delivered by the Chamber in partnership with key stakeholders and local Chamber members, who are knowledgeable and experts in each of the respective event theme.
If you want to find out more about other Business Readiness for Change events being organised throughout October, please click here.
This seminar will explore the ways in which your organisation can protect your EU workforce, and consider the wider implications for your workforce management and future people strategy.
It will also provide insights and information on the following key topics:
- Settled Status and Pre-Settled Status
- The Criteria for EU nationals to qualify under the European Temporary Leave To Remain Scheme
- The Home Office approach
- Future Immigration Rules
During the seminar you will learn more about:
- How to protect your current EU workforce through settled and pre-settled status and the eligibility criteria and rules;
- The actions that employers will need to take with regards to right to work checks and deadlines for applications based on whether the UK exists with a deal or no-deal;
- Direction and guidance as to where to find the Government’s employer toolkit and other detailed information;
- What the role of the Migration Advisory Committee is;
- An update of what changes have been made to the Immigration Rules to date, The Immigration Bill and the changes that will be implemented under a single immigration system once free movement of EU nationals ends;
- A brief introduction to the current points based system and the sponsor licence regime to employ skilled migrants.
Who should attend?
HR Managers, Directors and Business Owners with responsibilities for managing and planning a workforce, especially if you employ EU nationals.
With thanks to Chamber patron Paragon Law for their input and involvement in the delivery of this seminar.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com