Business Enterprise Skills programme
Managed by North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College, (a merged federation of North Warwickshire and Hinckley College and South Leicestershire College), the aim of this service is to support SMEs and micro businesses and their employees to upskill with the aim of helping them to develop and sustain their businesses.
Business Enterprise Skills offers a flexible package of business skills that can be accessed across the entire LLEP area, comprising of the following elements:
Promotion of an Enterprise Culture
- Activities that encourage an enterprise culture, especially amongst young people.
- Community based activities targeted at those communities and geographies with most need.
- Provision of information about sectors with a better chance of survival and greater growth potential.
- Support for those who are at risk of redundancy to identify how they can use their skills to start their own business.
- Civil society support to encourage different and innovative social enterprise models.
- Support to encourage more women to develop their skills to start their own business and / or employed females gaining improved labour market status
- Participants gaining level 3 or above or a unit of a level 3 or above qualification. Level 3 and above qualifications needing to comply with loan policy.
Flexible Business Skills Programmes
The service will deliver flexible programmes to enable people to develop the core competencies needed to start (individuals affected by redundancy) and then grow (new businesses) a business. Possible skills may include:
- Accessing finance
- Business planning
- Financial planning
- Legal issues
- Market research
Who is eligible to access this support?
Any SME businesses – (up to 250 employees) located in the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP) area.
Employees must be aged 19 or over, work for 16 hours per week and meet UK residency criteria.
An organisational needs analysis (ONA) will be carried out with the employer to determine training needs and a delivery plan will be discussed.
Fully funded by the European Social Fund, this is an opportunity for individuals to update their skills and knowledge and for employers to plug their skills gap at no cost! Do get in touch to find out more.
Please contact Shereen Richardson, Employer Engagement Adviser
Mobile: 07515796459 Telephone: 0116 2643535