31 Rutland Street
31 Rutland Street, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE1 1RE
A free workshop for those in the creative sector looking to learn how to ‘do’ PR, plan and run cost-effective campaigns. We’ll show you how to build it into your week and what success can look like.
This workshop will start with a simple yet critical introduction to what PR is before delving deeper:
- How to ‘do’ PR which will include attendees breaking into twosomes and brainstorming ideas around:
- What they want to achieve from their PR campaign
- What success looks like to them (in 12 months’ time)
- How much time per week they have to devote to running their PR campaign
- Planning your PR campaign (creating and working a PR plan, scheduling time, tying in your social media activities to your PR plan)
- Understanding what the media are looking for from you
- ‘How to…’ – this part of the workshop will again see attendees break into mini groups and creatively think through how they could, for example, spot and generate publicity opportunities turning stories to their advantage.
It is likely that there will be attendees in the workshop who have had their own experiences and ‘wins’ with PR as well as, possibly, some negative experiences. Rachel Hargrave of RDZ PR will invite attendees to share their experiences and top tips with the room – after all everyone there will have some knowledge and it’s good to share!
Take Home: Rachel will provide electronic copies to attendees of her mini-book ‘A Free Guide to PR’ which gives further tips and hints all relating to PR.
Attendees will have the opportunity to book in a Skype call with Rachel for ½ an hour post the workshop. This will give them the opportunity to ask any further questions, run ideas past her and get feedback on draft press releases/media approaches for example
In order to apply for this programme you must:
- Be a trading creative business with products and/or services ready for sale
- Be based in Leicester and Leicestershire
- Have been trading for over 12 months
This FREE workshop would usually cost £350 to attend.
This event is part of the Collaborate project, funded by European Regional Development Fund and partner organisations Leicester City Council, Leicestershire County Council, East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire) and the Food and Drink Forum.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org