LocationGlenfield County Hall
Glenfield, Leicester, LE3 8RA
An event to clarify what the process is and where opportunities within the public sector can be found, as well as help available. Book early as we anticipate demand to be high for this session.
This free event, funded by the Collaborate project, focuses on public procurement processes and seeks to boost the confidence of smaller organisations to tender for locally-available work across Leicestershire.
(With a limited amount of spaces available, kindly note that this is aimed at SMEs in Leicester and Leicestershire only.)
It aims to clarify the processes involved, showcase where the opportunities are to be found – including the support available – as well as to share some examples of best-practice.
In conjunction with Leicestershire County Council, the NHS, the National Housing Federation, Promitheia Consulting and the Universities of Leicester and Loughborough, East Midlands Chamber (Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire) has organised this seminar – aimed primarily at SMEs and social enterprises.
Public sector organisations have proactively taken steps to simplify the process involved so that local firms no longer feel inhibited from pitching for available contracts, many of which are broken down into smaller components that represent lucrative and accessible opportunities.
In a bid to keep their expenditure local, the public sector is eager to clarify some common misconceptions about what the process entails and to welcome more tenders to help raise quality standards and promote best-value.
This seminar offers an informal opportunity to raise any questions (or concerns) about existing processes and provides suppliers with an opportunity to ask questions for public buyers to address.
There will also be information about registering with the county’s Source Leicestershire portal, and the support that the Chamber is able to provide.
- Welcome, context and purpose of today’s seminar
- Overview: tendering with the local authority – Leicestershire County Council
- Tendering with the NHS
- Tendering with the Universities of Leicester and Loughborough
- Tendering with Housing Associations
- Emerging Issues (Q&A session with the Panellists)
- Support available from the Chamber
- Best-practice tips and hints (Promitheia Consulting)
- Networking / Meet the Buyer
Benefits of attending/who should attend:
- Identification of available opportunities
- Boost your confidence in being able to pitch for contracts
- Improve your understanding of processes
- Ideal for SMEs and social enterprises
This seminar is supported by:
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org