LocationNSPCC National Training Centre
3 Gilmore Close
3 Gilmore Close, Beaumont Leys, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE4 1EZ
A chance to find out what opportunities will exist with High Speed 2 coming to our region particularly for small and medium supply chain organisations.
This event is open to all potential supply chain organisations and will provide information on what is required of beneficiaries of the wide-ranging procurement opportunities that HS2 will bring. The aim of this event is to highlight that the opportunities will not just apply to the engineering and construction sectors, but across a wide and diverse portfolio.
What will HS2 be buying?
HS2 is one of the most demanding and exciting transport mega-projects in Europe, there will be thousands of opportunities within the HS2 supply chain. These will be:
– Created across many business sectors
– Requiring a wide range of capabilities
– Suitable for all suppliers of all sizes
– Generated over a number of years
They will need a wide range of works, good and services to deliver the HS2 programme and associated supporting corporate opportunities. Examples of some opportunities can be seen at the link below.
– Registration, light breakfast and refreshments
– Welcome from the East Midlands Chamber and the Collaborate Team
– Robin Lapish, HS2 Supply Chain Team Lead, HS2 Limited – providing a clear view on the wide range of opportunities. Robin will dispel some of the myths about the opportunities available to SMEs, including detail of their procurement criteria.
– Kenneth Bamford, Senior Adviser, ACAS – overview of the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) compliance set by HS2
– Sustainability, Innovation and Collaboration – what HS2 is looking for and the steps to undertake to comply
– Health and Safety and HS2- QDOS
Panel Discussion and Q&A – this will enable delegates to ask questions about the main criteria highlighted in the HS2 Procurement Guide. These key criteria areas, applied during procurement and delivery are set against the HS2 Strategic Goals and weighted to reflect the contract requirements. These key areas are as follows:
- Sustainability, innovation and collaboration
- Environmental Sustainability
- Health and Safety
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
- Building Information Modelling
- Employment and Upskilling
There will be an opportunity to hear from experts in these fields and ask questions.
- Mark Lloyd MCIPS, Promitheia Consulting – Mark will explore how your business can become better equipped to tender for future HS2 opportunities. The presentation will provide practical advice and ideas to understand current business issues and help to improve the ability to bid.
Please note, we expect high demand for this event, therefore we ask that there is only one delegate per organisation booked to attend. If you require additional attendees please contact email@example.com
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org