Over 100 free events were attended by over 7,250 people – around 20 per cent of these coming from outside Leicestershire.
The amount of businesses involved through sponsorship, attending, or hosting an event is up by 16 per cent on last year and an overwhelming majority of attendees (65 per cent) were from the private sector.
Some more headline stats from LBF 2018:
- 119 events in total
- 89% of events rated “good” or “excellent” by attendees
- 87% of attendees felt LBF would have a positive impact on their business
- 35% increase in social media impression on 2017
- 7238 total attendees
- 1280 businesses involved
- 47% of attendees had not been to another business event in the past year.
2017 was the first year that LBF was run by the Community Interest Company (CIC):
- Over 154 events registered
- 22 % of the events completely sold out
- Over 10,000 attendees recorded over the fortnight including 78 international attendees (26.8% from outside the region)
- 51.8% of attendees wanted to hear more from LBF partners
- LBF’s reach had grown to an estimated 14.25million
- 91% of attendees said events were good or excellent
We grew LBF in 2016 with:
- LBF’s reach had grown to an estimated 12.7million
- Attracting 12,500 visitors (24% of whom were from outside the region)
- 118 separate events.
- Over 97% of attendees told us that their businesses benefited as a direct result of their attendance at LBF.
The full evaluation report is available to download below.
Monday 26th October 2015 saw the start of the first ever Leicester Business Festival. It’s fair to say that the LBF completely exceeded all expectations, with:
- Over 80 events taking place
- 24 of the events completely sold out
- 7 boroughs represented
- Over 5,000 attendees recorded over the fortnight
- Social media reach of 782,658
Visit the LBF website for more information on how to get involved.