The role of the LLEP Board members is:
- To make collective decisions to deliver the LLEP’s objectives and the outcomes set out in the SEP
- To act as ambassadors for Leicester and Leicestershire at local, national and international levels
- To engage and represent their specific sector or corporate organisation on the LLEP and to ensure views represent those of the wider sector or corporate or organisation
- To communicate and promote the objectives of the LLEP within their sector, ensuring the clear understanding of the need for collaboration
Board Members play a key role in helping the LLEP to shape the local economy by influencing local and national government, as well as providing effective governance to the partnership. They shape and deliver the Midlands Engine Strategy and the government’s Industrial Strategy and act as ambassadors for Leicester & Leicestershire at a local, regional and national level.
Board Members make key investment decisions and oversee the LLEP’s spending. They are responsible for making sure that the partnership’s investment delivers value for money and achieves maximum economic impact.
Being a LLEP Board Member is not a paid position and the commitment can be up to two days per month. The Board term lasts for a period of three years.
- Nick Pulley, Regional Director, Santander Corporate Bank
- Kevin Harris, Partner, RSM UK
- Dr Sharon Redrobe OBE, CEO, Twycross Zoo
- Andy Cliffe, Managing Director, East Midlands Airport
- Andy Reed OBE, Director, SajeImpact
- Anil Majithia, Chair, Voluntary Action LeicesterShire – Voluntary Sector Representative
- Emma Anderson, Director, Freeths
- Jaspal Singh Minhas, Managing Director, Electrical Design & MFG Co Ltd – SME Representative
- Marion Plant OBE, Principal and CEO, North Warwickshire & Hinckley College and South Leicestershire College – Further Education Representative
- Cllr Mike Hall, Leader, Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council – Leicestershire District Councils Representative
- Nick Rushton CC, Leader, Leicestershire County Council – Leicestershire County Council Representative
- Dr Nik Kotecha OBE, CEO, Morningside Pharmaceuticals
- Sir Peter Soulsby, City Mayor, Leicester City Council – Leicester City Council Representative
- Prof Robert J. Allison, Vice-Chancellor and President, Loughborough University – Higher Education Representative
- Cllr Terry Richardson, Leader, Blaby District Council – Leicestershire District Councils Representative
Please visit the next page to read more about our Board members.
For more information please contact Jason Tyler, Democratic Support Officer at Leicester City Council (the Accountable Body) on 0116 454 6359.