Growth Hubs are Government initiatives which were set up by Local Enterprise Partnerships as a means of offering local business support. There are 39 Growth hubs run by each of the LEP in the UK.
Our growth hub, launched in 2014, is called the LLEP Business Gateway.
It acts as a signposting service across a wide range of topics including:
- Business start-up training and mentoring
- Business growth and expansion plans, recruitment and investing
- Access to finance, including local and national grants and loans programmes
- Premises and search for new commercial property
- Employment and skills
- Regulation and compliance
Since it launched in October 2014 and since this time:
- We’ve had 28,796 website hits which is increasing month by month
- There have been 11,052 repeat visitors and over 9000 visitors from Leicester
- Our most popular pages include: How to Access Finance, Business Grants and Events, accounting for 17.8% of the web traffic
- We have offered business support and advice to over 800 business through our enquiry channels: telephone, email and web enquiries
- We will be launching the Business Gateway newsletter in January, to ensure you are up to date with business support subscribe to our mailing list to receive regular updates.
- We now have a bank of dedicated face-to-face advisers offering intensive support to businesses on their growth journey, leading to jobs, investment and new innovations
- In a recent survey 83% of companies that took part said they would be likely to recommend our services to a friend or colleague.
Moving forwards, we will have a bank of dedicated face to face advisers, offering intensive support to businesses on their growth journey, leading to jobs, investment and new innovations.
An annual review and business plan for the Business Gateway produced in June 2016, is available to download below.