Our vision is to “Create a vibrant, attractive and distinctive place with highly skilled people making Leicester and Leicestershire the destination of choice for successful businesses.”
Our aim by 2020, is to:
- Create 45,000 new jobs
- Leverage £2.5bn of private investment
- Increase GVA (Gross Value Added) by £4bn from £19bn to £23bn.
Key Sectors – We identified eight priority sectors that will support the delivery of the aims and objectives of our Strategic Economic Plan (SEP). These are:
- Low Carbon
- Food & Drink Manufacturing
- Creative Industries
- Textile Manufacturing
- Logistics & Distribution
- Professional & Financial Services
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering
Equality – The LLEP’s accountable body is Leicester City Council and as such we comply with the policy and procedures in equality and diversity, set out on the City Council website.
Complaints – Any complaints should be directed through Leicester City Council’s complaints procedure.