The Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP) was formed in May 2011.
The LLEP is a strategic body led by a Board made up of local government and business leaders as well as senior education and third sector representatives.
The LLEP’s remit is to drive forward regeneration and growth of the local economy, by:
- Working with Government to set out key investment priorities for Leicester & Leicestershire
- Engaging with business, local authorities, Higher Education, Further Education, the voluntary sector and other stakeholders
- Facilitating local partnership working and relations with national Government
- Influencing national Government economic policy and spending
- Investing LLEP funding and aligning partner resources
- Through its investments, influence and activities ensure positive outcomes for the local economy