Almost £8 million worth of funding is available to businesses in Leicester and Leicestershire across two new ERDF calls. A new research and innovation call is offering £1.9 million, while a call to support low-carbon industries in all sectors has a total pot of over £6 million.
Businesses are invited to apply should their projects and initiatives meet the requirements of the calls. The research and innovation call will reward initiatives that promote research, improve infrastructure and promote centres of competence – particularly those of European interest. The low carbon call will see projects across all sectors qualify if they:
- Promote the production and distribution of energy derived from renewable resources.
- Promote energy efficiency and renewable energy use in business.
- Support energy efficiency, smart energy management and renewable energy use in public infrastructure.
- Promote low-carbon strategies for all types of territories, in particular urban areas.
- Promote research, innovation and adoption of low-carbon technologies.
Further information on both funding calls, and details on how to apply, are available at gov.uk.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org